Trauma is overwhelming & very distressing to experience.
If you’ve been through a traumatic experience, it’s normal to have emotional and physical reactions that can feel like they are too much to manage.
Some examples of what you may be experiencing include:
- Having bad memories that hold you back from enjoying the moment
- Feeling angry, sad, and worried very easily, or all the time
- Difficulty feeling happy or getting out of bed in the morning
- Frequently lashing out at loved ones but not knowing how to control it
- Feeling like you are out of control with food, alcohol, substances, or other uncontrollable behavior
It’s not easy to process and manage the aftermath of trauma. Life for those that have experienced trauma can feel like it’s in little pieces. But don’t lose hope.
Know that you’re not alone and that therapy for trauma can help.
Therapy for Trauma Can Help
It’s possible to improve your life. You don’t have to suffer. And with the help of EMDR therapy, you could experience:
- Enjoying life again without bad memories interrupting the moment
- Feeling chill and peaceful instead of sad, worried, and angry
- Regaining a sense of passion and energy for life
- Connecting and healing relationships with loved ones
- Feeling whole and in control of your behavior
You deserve to have a life that you love.
A life that you enjoy living.
So if trauma or other distressing experiences are hindering your ability to fully live the life that you want, know that therapy can help.
Let’s explore how I can help you regain enjoyment in life by getting free of the disturbing memories and all that comes with them.
During our free 15-30 minute phone consultation, we can discuss what’s going on with you and you may ask me any questions you might have.
The treatment is called EMDR therapy. EMDR stands for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing.
This type of therapy will allow you to feel less interrupted by your painful memories that cause emotional difficulties.
In addition to things that we think of as trauma, this approach can also help with symptoms of distress from living with disorders such as Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder (ADHD), OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), Eating Disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Anxiety, Depression, Tourettes Syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Disassociative Identity Disorder (DID), and much more.
“I provide a safe, kind, and compassionate space where we can collaborate on your healing. I am experienced in a specialized treatment that was created to help free people that have experienced something traumatic from their painful memories, anxiety, and other disturbing effects that are caused by trauma.”