Play Therapy Can Help Children & Adolescents Heal
Since kids use play as their main method of communication, play therapy is a good method for helping with several challenges they may be facing.
Play therapy can help when a child or adolescent:
- Has memories and strong emotions that result from traumatic experiences
- Struggles with behavior issues, like acting out at school
- Feels anxious or worried, even about small day-to-day things
- Feels a heavy sadness, even in situations that seem like they should be happy for them
- Are overwhelmed or nervous in social situations
- Struggles with getting schoolwork and motivation
- Is uncooperative, defiant, and hostile with parents, and sometimes other adults in their life
- Find it challenging to fit into the family or community as an adopted child
For challenges like these that your child or adolescent may be going through, play therapy can help.
I am a Registered Play Therapist Who Can Help Your Child Heal and Grow
Jackie Specializes in Play Therapy Because it is Proven to be a Highly Effective Method for Helping Kids Express Themselves & Heal
In addition to play therapy, Jackie is also trained to help children and adolescents who have experienced trauma. Through a therapy method called EMDR, Jackie can help with deep or complex challenges that your child or adolescent may be facing due to traumatic or difficult experiences.
“I also have specialized training in adoption which allows us to support the needs of adoptive families.” Jackie Flynn EdS, LMHC, RPT
The play therapy room is stocked with therapeutic toys to allow children and adolescents express themselves. We have a space designed for children between the ages of 3-9 years old, as well as a dedicated Art Therapy Studio is designed for ages 6+.
Part of our space is also dedicated to sandtray therapy which allows children and adolescents to create scenes with toys, shapes, and the sand itself. This form of therapy, just like other forms of play therapy, access parts of the mind that may not have other language. Your child will be able to explore what’s really bothering them and I’ll help them heal it.
Your Child or Adolescent Can Heal & Grow With Play Therapy
Through Playful Expression, Your Child or Teen Will Be Able to Move Towards Healing & Growth
Some of the benefits of play therapy include:
- Starting to enjoy childhood again after trauma
- Ability to focus and stay on task at school
- Feeling more calm and happy in the day-to-day
- Developing the skills needed to be in social situations with ease